The steps below will help you create simple and beautiful borders for your scrapbook pages.
Difficulty Level: Average Time Required: 15 minutes
- Begin by choosing a wide-tipped, acid-free, permanent scrapbooking pen in black or any color that coordinates with your page layout.
- Draw a thick straight line with this pen anywhere that you would like to border, for example down one side of the page, around a corner of a page, or on opposite sides of facing pages for a two-page spread.
- Next, add one or more thin lines using fine tipped pens over the bold line in a contrasting color and shape (wavy, zigzag, scalloped, etc.).
- Now add stickers to fill-out the border. Consider small stickers that coordinate with the theme of your page. Adhere these stickers on and around the lines you have drawn.
- Finish the look by using fine tipped pens to add simple filler
doodles like tiny dots, swirls, motion marks, little hearts, or use your own
- Try using stickers from two different sets like hearts and bows, music notes and flowers, or party hats and gifts.
- Experiment with different colors and shapes of the lines in step 3 to achieve an endless supply of different looks.
- Dotted lines can be used to indicate motion on borders, for
example falling leaves or snow flakes look great with swirling dotted lines
"floating" on the page above them.