|Card Making for Scrapbookers: Elegant Valentine|
Use Your Scrapbook Supplies to Personal Greeting Cards
Many Valentine's Day cards have a childish feel to them. If you want to give a card to a special someone in your life with a more "grown-up" feel, this elegant Valentine's Day card will hopefully give you some inspiration.
Patterned papers - SandyLion Textural Red (with custom printing added to it); SandyLion Hearts-Foil
Heart punch - EK Success Whale of a Punch
Die-cut letters - QuicKutz Sonja Upper and Lower
How to Create the Card:
1) Cut a piece of black cardstock to 6"x8" and fold in half.
2) Print love quotes on red patterned paper to make a unique background paper for your card. Click here for instructions on making your own printed text papers.
3) Cut the piece of printed text paper so that it is slightly smaller than the black cardstock and center it on the card.
4) Mat a strip of coordinating paper. Here the coordinating paper had elegant gold foil already printed on it. Add this strip to the front of the card.
5) Punch a heart shape from the same coordinating paper and also mat it in black cardstock. Add to the right-hand side of the strip.
6) Die cut the letters for the word "Love" and add to the card. You can also use sticker letters or rub-on words or phrases for your title.
Close Up of Printed Text Background Paper:
Click here to find step-by-step instructions on "How to Create Your Own Printed Text Patterned Paper."
Click here to find "Love" quotes and the text block used on the printed patterned paper on the sample card.