Make your own elegantly spooky Halloween party invitations and greeting cards using this quick and simple card idea and free Halloween Silhouette Patterns here on About.com Scrapbooking.
The card shown here was made using paper from the 2011 Fancy Pants Designs
. line called Oct 31. The teal and black paper is called "Witching Hour" and the orange paper and quote are both from the "Cards" 12x12 sheet that is part of the Oct 31 line.
1) Select coordinating patterned cardstock weight papers.
2) Cut the papers according to the cutting instructions on page 2 of this article.
3) Adhere the basic card pieces to create the background and quote box. The card is made from just 4 pieces and goes together very quickly.
4) Save the Free Black Cat Silhouette Pattern to your computer, re-size the pattern so that it will fit on the card. The one shown here is about 2 1/2 inches tall by almost 4 inches long.
5) Print the cat on regular office paper and roughly cut it out.
6) Adhere the pattern using repositionable adhesive to black cardstock and carefully cut it out using sharp fine-tipped scissors or a craft knife.
7) Use double-sided foam adhesive tape to give the cat some "lift" when you attach it to the front of the card.