The lid is created with a double fold on the edges to give you a strong lid with a nice, finished look. 1) Cut a 7 inch square piece of pattern cardstock.
2) Score each side 3/4 inch from the edge.
3) Miter each corner by cutting out the small square that your score marks made in each of the four corners.
4) Fold edges in towards the center following on the 3/4 inch score lines, adhere in place. Now you have a square with folded over edges.
5) Score each side 1 inch from the new folded edges, this should give you a 5 1/4 inch square in the center. The score lines will give you new 1 inch fold lines for your new edges.
6) Cut a 5 1/4 inch square piece of chipboard, attach to the center of your pattern paper.
7) Cut a 5 1/4 inch square piece of pattern paper and attach to the chipboard.
8) Carefully, make a 1 inch cut following the score lines. Cut only 1 corner on each side of the square. (See next photo to help you with this step and to finish.)