The hand stitching on this Valentine's Day card idea is made quick and simple by using the Sew Easy stitching and paper piercing kit from We R Memory Keepers. I walk you through the steps in using this tool in the article Cool Tools for Scrapbooking - Sew Easy.
Read below for step by step instructions for making this card which would be perfect for Valentine's Day, anniversaries, weddings, or Sweetest Day.
Solid cardstock, patterned cardstock, and Layered Chipboard Words from the Crazy for You collection by We R Memory Keepers; Lace doily from party store; Sticker border strip from the Crazy for You Embossed Stickers collection; and White stitching floss from the Sew Easy Starter Kit.
1) Cut a piece of patterned cardstock to be used for the base of the card to 5 5/8 inches by 8 inches.
2) Score and fold this piece of patterned cardstock in half to make a simple card.
3) Use the Sew Easy tool to pierce a line of scalloped stitching holes along the front bottom edge of the card.
4) Use white floss and a back-stitch pattern to stitch in all holes made with the tool to create the design shown on the card. The video Hand Stitching on Scrapbook Pages
will show you how to make these simple stitches.
5)Cut a strip of patterned paper that is the same length as the width of the card and approximately 1/2 inch wide. I used a piece of the same patterned paper that I used for the card background. On the back of this paper is a word print that is what I used to decorate the front of the card.
6) Mat the 1/2 wide strip
with a 3/4 wide strip of pink cardstock and adhere this whole piece to the front of the card just above the stitching.
7) Cut a doily in half and line it up on the card to see where to trim it to fit as shown. Adhere to card.
8) Cut a circle from the word print patterned paper that will fit in the center of the doily piece. Mat this patterned paper also with a thin edge of pink cardstock. Adhere to center of doily and trim to fit the size of the card.
9) Apply a border sticker along the bottom edge of the card if desired. If the sticker will hand over and some adhesive will be showing on the back, you can use baby powder to dust the sticky surface to make it no longer sticky.
10) Finish the card by applying a sentiment chipboard sticker.