During the holidays it is hard to find time to scrapbook. This quick and easy scrapbook page idea shows you how to make a simple layout that takes only minutes to put together. On page two of this article, you can find a free scrapbook page sketch of this layout to use as a bare-bones map to get you started.
Supplies Used on This Scrapbook Page:
Solid colored cardstock Yuletide Dark Green, Green, and Red from the We R Memory Keepers Yuletide Collection. The patterned papers used for the ornaments also come from the Yuletide collection. The names of the papers are: Poinsettia, Snowflake, and Dots. Other supplies used include pieces of ribbon (source unknown), the Christmas title from the Layered Chipboard Words from the Yuletide collection, green 22 gauge wire from Artistic Wire, and the Dymo Caption Maker for journaling the year on the layout.
1) Make three ornaments using the Free Ornament Patterns and by following the DIY Christmas Tree Ornament step by step instructions. Add a little loop of wire to the back of each ornament sticking out of the top like a hanger.
2) Gather and crop three photos - 1 focal point photo that is 4x6 inches and 2 supporting photos that are approximately 4 inch squares.
3) Cut two pieces of coordinating cardstock. One piece of light green is cut to 5 inches by 1 inch. The other red piece of cardstock is 5 inches by 3 inches.
4) Assemble all of the pieces of the layout as shown in the sketch and in the sample page above.
5) Use left-over scraps of ribbon that you have left from making the ornaments to embellish the scrapbook page and add more texture. For more ideas for using ribbon, be sure to read 20 Scrapbook Ideas for Using Ribbon.